This week on Bombshell, we each dial in from parts-unknown to compare our drinking habits to the Queen of England. We also discuss new North Korean sanctions, whether anyone sent flowers to the new Pakistani Prime Minister, and what on earth is happening in Venezuela. White House mayhem is dialed to eleven and we dissect leaks, tweets, and the new sheriff in town. Finally Loren and Radha confess their love of spoilers because they’re obviously insane control freaks.
- “Divers work to recover U.S. military aircraft off Australia after crash that presumably killed 3 Marines,” by Thomas Gibbons-Neff and Brian Murphy, The Washington Post.
- “A Tweet is a Direct Order“, by Phil Carter, Slate.
- “Venezuela’s Ousted Attorney General Retreats on a Motorbike,” Nicholas Casey, The New York Times.
- “Trump Says U.S. ‘Losing’ Afghan War in Tense Meeting with Generals,” Carol Lee and Courtney Kube, NBC News.
- The Storm Before the Storm: The Beginning of the End of the Roman Republic, by Michael Duncan (PublicAffairs, 2017).
Music: “Jennifer Lawrence,” by Future Teens; Produced by Tré Hester; Image: U.S. Army