Russia’s War in Ukraine: How Does this End?
Chris, Melanie, and Zack discuss Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine. They explain what has been surprising to each of them thus far in the conflict. Why has Russia struggled so mightily? Why has Ukraine fought so effectively? And why have the United States, Europe, and other democracies been so united? Most importantly, what are possible pathways to end the war? Chris commends all those helping Ukrainian refugees in these desperate times, Melanie gives attagirls to her mom and sister, and Zack has a grievance with the now-unretired Tom Brady.
- Zack Cooper, Bret Schafer, and Etienne Soula, “China’s State Media and Government Officials Are Backing on Ukraine,” Alliance for Securing Democracy, March 13, 2022.
- Barry Pavel, Peter Engelke, and Jeffrey Cimmino, “Four ways the way in Ukraine might end,” Atlantic Council, March 1, 2022.
- Kelsey Piper, “How you can help Ukrainians,” Vox, March 1, 2022.
- Kelly Greenhill, “When Migrants Become Weapons: The Long History and Worrying Future of a Coercive Tactic,” Foreign Affairs, March/April 2022.
- Future Foreign Policy: What Russia’s war means for European defense. Wednesday, March 23rd from 2 to 3 pm.
- David Sanger and Eric Schmitt, “How Does It End? A Way Out of the Ukraine War Proves Elusive,” New York Times, March 13, 2022.
- “The War in Ukraine is Going to Change Geopolitics Profoundly,” Economist, March 5, 2022.
- Jane Vaynman and Tristan A. Volpe, “Making Coercion Work Against Russia,” War on the Rocks, March 11, 2022.
- Craig Hooper, “Ukraine’s Use of Stinger and Javelin Missiles is Outstripping US Production,” Forbes, March 8, 2022.
- Emily Ashcraft, “Utah Non-Profit to Upset Insulin Market by Selling It with the Lowest Price Tag Possible,” KSL.com, March 8, 2022.