Net Assessment: Hypersonic Weapons – Gimmick or Game Changer?
Chris is on a big adventure, so Bryan and Melanie are left alone to discuss hypersonic weapons and the challenges and opportunities they present for America’s national security. Do they represent a “game-changer” for defense planners, or simply an incremental shift in technology? Will developing hypersonic weapons increase the likelihood of war? While the United States is beginning to invest in the offensive side of these weapons, is it doing enough to defend against a Chinese or Russian threat? Finally, Bryan gives his expert opinion on the series finale of Game of Thrones and Melanie shows some love for a public interest law firm working to help military families.
- Jyri Raitasalo, “Hypersonic Weapons Are No Game-Changer,” National Interest, January 5, 2019
- Heather Venable and Clarence Abercrombie, “Muting the Hype Over Hypersonics: The Offense-Defense Balance in Historical Perspective,” War on the Rocks, May 28, 2019
- John Dolan, Richard Gallagher, and David Mann, “Hypersonic Weapons – A Threat to National Security,” Real Clear Defense, April 23, 2019
- Mary Kate Aylward, “Hypersonic Weapons: Revolutionary or Just New?” Army, August 15, 2018
- Andrew Siddons, “McConnell Introduces Bill Making the legal Smoking Age 21,” Roll Call, May 20, 2019
- Ed Kilgore, “Military Brass Warn Trump Against Memorial Day Pardons for War Criminals,” New York Magazine, May 22, 2019
- Palko Karasz, “Iran Slams U.S. After Middle East Troop Buildup Is Announced,” New York Time, May 25, 2019
- Rónán Duffy, “Theresa May on the Brink As Andrea Leadsom Resigns from Government,” The Journal, May 22, 2019
- Alexander Smith, “European Parliament Elections: 5 Takeaways from the Results,” NBC News, May 27, 2019
- Audra D.S. Burch, David Gelles, and Emily S. Rueb, “Morehouse College Graduates’ Student Loans to be Paid Off by Billionaire,” New York Time, May 19, 2019
- Institute for Justice
- Dan Mihalopoulos, Tweets, May 23, 2019
- AP West Region, Tweets, May 27, 2019