The Fleet, the Fight, and the Future
Is the U.S. military built and positioned to stop or — if necessary — win the next big war? What should the Navy and Marine Corps of the future look like? What’s standing in the way? How can the United States step back from the Middle East and focus on the Pacific? What does The Wire have to teach us about Washington? Why does a member of Congress have a sword, a pull-up bar, and a bottle of Lagavulin 16 in his office? Rep. Mike Gallagher of Wisconsin and Chris Brose of Anduril Industries join Ryan for a wide-ranging conversation that tackles these questions and more.
Further Reading, Listening, and Watching:
- Mike Gallagher, “To Deter China, the Naval Services Must Integrate,” War on the Rocks
- Frank Hoffman, “No Strategic Success Without 21st Century Seapower: Forward Partnering,” War on the Rocks
- Alice Hunt Friend, Melanie Marlowe, and Christopher Preble, “Net Assessment: Debating the AUMFs“
- “Everybody Stays Friends,” The Wire
- Chris Brose and Ryan Evans, “Your Ideas Matter,” War on the Rocks