Bombshell: The Apprentice
Erin, Radha and Loren return after some technical difficulties to rehash the G20, a newsy leader summit full of the president reversing the well-honed positions of his staff. Radha explains how China and the US are talking trade again, with a re-opening of US exports to Huawei and a gentle ask that China remake itself utterly. White House mayhem reminds us all that we almost went to war with Iran and we have no leaders anywhere at the Department of Defense. And do you have summer reading material to distract yourself from the world? Bombshell can help with its summer reading list.
- Megan Henney, “At G20 Summit in Japan, These Were the Biggest Moments You Missed,” Fox Business, June 29, 2019
- Spencer Kimball, “It’s a Temporary Timeout: Trump and Xi Agree to Negotiations, But Offer No Clear Path to End US-China Trade War,” CNBC, June 29, 2019
- Conor Finnegan, “Iran May Stand Down on Nuclear Threat After Europe, China Work to Bypass US Sanctions,” ABC News, June 28, 2019
- Keith Bradsher, “A China-US Trade Truce Could Enshrine a Global Economic Shift,” New York Times, June 29, 2019
- Michael Martina and Jonathan Landay, “Experts Think Trump Policy on China Counterproductive: Draft Letter,” Reuters, June 29, 2019
Produced by Tre Hester