This week on “Bombshell,” Kelly Magsamen joins us to talk about Sec Tillerson’s Asia visit, the upcoming Trump-Xi soiree, and North Korean chicanery. We also discuss splitting the check with NATO, attacks on civil servants, whether the Defense Department deserves a bonus (and how to spend it), and why we love Christine Fox. We also answer questions from the audience (courtesy the War Hall) and reveal our favorite bourbon bars in DC.
- “Did Rex Tillerson Misspeak?” by Laura Rosenerger
- “The Rebalance is Dead! Long Live the Rebalance!” by Mira Rapp-Hooper, Harry Kreja, and Hannah Suh
- “Rex Tillerson’s approach to North Korea,” by Jeff Lewis
- “Healthcare + Iran Deal,” by Ilan Goldenberg
- “What’s a NATO Ally Worth?” by Richard Fontaine
- “Is NATO Obsolete? Trump Not Only One Asking,” by Molly O’Toole
- “Federal Staffers Panicked by Conservative Media Attacks,” by Nahal Toosi and Andrew Restuccia
- “Trump’s Bigger Military Won’t Necessarily Make US Stronger, Safer,” by Todd Harrison
- White House docs on DoD supplemental budget
Note: Please excuse some minor, intermittent cell phone interference in this episode. That’s on us and it won’t happen again!